Inspired Space blog has been nominated for 2017 Liebster Award! My heartfelt thanks goes to Joylee Arameje of Nanayhood Chronicles for the nomination.
Joylee is a paralegal who wears many hats but takes the most pride in being a wife and a mother. Reading her blog is like listening to a friend share stories about life experiences. I love her positivity and I enjoy the candidness and sincerity of her writing. When my husband and I become parents, I hope I can be a cool mom like Joylee who seems to be a pro at striking a good work-life balance.
I am officially accepting the Liebster Award nomination. Before I answer Joylee’s questions, here are 10 random facts about myself:
- I was born on a Saturday.
- Ever since I left my long-time job a few years ago, I’ve been juggling freelance writing, project-based TV production, part-time college teaching, and managing a micro-business. I’m loving the independence of not being tied up to one company.
- Exercise bores me.
- I love fall. Whenever we have trips abroad, we schedule it during this season to take advantage of chilly weather, beautiful fall foliage and pumpkin spice treats.
- I’m a struggling minimalist.
- I love talking to people, trying out new cuisines, and travelling.
- I started avoiding personal care products with parabens and other toxic ingredients about a year ago.
I like coffee and tea. And hot chocolate. And those warm herbal health drinks and golden milk recipes I see on Pinterest. I like hot drinks.
- I love aromatherapy, massages, relaxation stuff and the whole shebang.
- When I’m on a TV series marathon or a reading binge, I crave for whatever it is the characters are eating. I end up pausing the show or putting the book down to go grocery shopping.
As for Joylee’s questions for her nominees, here are my answers:
When do you find time to blog?
- Since I manage my own time and work load, I try to free up one afternoon every week for blogging.
If you can take someone with you in your travels, who would it be?
- My husband!
What is the most extreme thing you have ever done?
- Leaving my job at a TV network without any clear plans on what to do after. Read about the story here.
What is your favorite book or series?
- I have a lot of favorites! On top of my head – Keigo Higashino’s Salvation of a Saint, Mitch Albom’s The Five People you Meet in Heaven, JK Rowling’s Harry Potter series (just like Joylee). For cozy reads to de-stress after a long day, I like Charlaine Harris’ The Southern Vampire Mysteries and Janet Evanovich’s Stephanie Plum Series.
If you were going to be a character in someone’s book, who would you like to write it?
- George R.R. Martin. I like how he explains the history, reasons and motivations behind a character’s inclinations. In short, I want him to justify my actions!
Have you ever visited a place just because you saw it in a book/ series/ animation/ movie? What was that place?
- Yes. Whenever I travel, I like going to places where my favorite fictional characters have been! Bellini’s Restaurant in Cubao Expo (One More Try), Shakespeare and Company (Before Sunset), an NYPD Precinct in Times Square (Brooklyn Nine-Nine), Hotel Danieli (The Tourist), Tiffany & Co. Fifth Avenue (Breakfast at Tiffany’s). I’m not sure if these also count: Hogwarts & Hogsmeade USJ (Harry Potter) and Central Perk Cafe (Friends).
How long would you survive the zombie apocalypse? Justify your answer!
- I’ll find a way to survive as long as I’m with my loved one/s. But as soon as I’m the only one left without anyone to talk with, I’ll most likely jump off a cliff into a horde of zombies (they’re probably my family and friends anyway).
And now, I would like to pass the 2017 Liebster Award nomination to eight bloggers. Hover over logos below to see the nominated bloggers’ names and title of their blogs. There’s also a list of links at the end of this post.
Here are my questions for the new nominees:
- What/who inspires you to travel this world?
- What is the scariest thing you have ever experienced?
- If you could be any superhero, who would you be and why?
- If you were going to be a character in someone’s book, who would you like to write it?
- If you could be invisible for day, what would you do?
- What is the one experience this year (2017) you’re most thankful for?
There you have it! For those who want to learn more about the 2017 Liebster Award, there’s a chock-full of information in this post by THE GLOBAL AUSSIE.
To nominated bloggers, please link your Liebster Award nomination posts on the comment section below. Have fun!